Pages

Tuesday 10 March 2009

A Reiki Journal


I attuned a young girl to Reiki I last year, so instead of printed notes I decided to make her a journal... well, actually i stole it from Sue (creative spirit).... well, not stole exactly, we'd had a working play day & I helped make a stack of journals with her. Mmm, she reminded me we have a batch to do soon for more orders!


Anyway, I wrote the notes inside with coloured pencils.... most of it is just handwriting but I used skeleton letters with a technique called pressure & release ( thats what gives the light & dark within the letters) for the titles & contrast....

I left plenty of blank pages for her to make her own notes & observations....

She is a special young lady whose gifts will surely blossom as time goes by. It was one of those ideas which started off as something simple, but grew as I wrote & thought of extra things to include... I think there were about 30 or 40 pages in the end!

4 comments:

Sue Simpson said...

30 or 40 pages?!?!?! I thought you were giving her a BLANK journal? You might as well kept it for yersel'! lol.

Didn't even recognise it from the photos. Think you've proved you can make a silk purse out of a sows ear!
Sue xxx

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm presuming the photos are of the beautiful journal you sent to R after her attunement last year, it was so breathtakingly beautiful I can't believe there are 2 in existence! I have to admit that It's still quite blank... she says it's too beautiful to put her own dreadful writing in.... she takes it out and strokes it quite often though, and so do I!!!!!!
What's the sow's ear?????!

Suzi Smith said...

Tell her journals are for writing in!! if she doesnt I'm going to scribble on it with a marker pen, lol. she could always turn it back to front & upside down then she starts her own bit from the back to keep the two parts separate.

Have u not heard the expression "you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear? Think purple pix underestimates how lovely it was to begin with!

Welsh Witch said...

I've heard the expression, but don't think you could apply it to the journal... silk purse yes, but when could it ever have been a sow's ear?!
It's so beautifully made and put together, so that just holding it you feel all the serenity and uniqueness and calmness and energy in it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...