Pages

Saturday 11 April 2009

I have been tagged! - 7 facts about myself

Hayley from Iridescent Dark has been tagged, and in turn, has tagged me! I know I enjoy reading about other people, but I’m sat here wonderin’ what the heck to put about myself!

Here are the rules if I tag you!

1. Link to your original tagger and list these rules in your post.
2. Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged.

Ok, here goes…

1. My blood group is B-‘ve, which is shared by approx 2% of the human population. The ‘Rhesus (Rh) factor’ was first discovered in blood of the Rhesus monkey & I don’t have it! (Now… if we are descended from apes, where does the Rh- gene come from? It is absent in about 15% of humans- is it a genetic quirk, or does it come from unknown ancestors?? (curious? Look at this)

2. I live in a caravan- we sold up a couple of years ago & live wherever my partner works. I think it fulfils my childhood dream of being a gypsy, except not the horse-drawn type of caravan- ours is a big American 5th wheel type. Apparently several generations back on my maternal side were gypsies (complete with the Lee surname)- allegedly they were herbalists who eventually settled on the Northumbrian/Scottish borders. Our motivation was money (or lack of it) & getting ‘out of the system’…maybe sometime we will settle back into a house, & if we do it will be called “Llamedos” (think about it, see if you can work it out)

3. I hate hearing the word drawing pronounced ‘drawring’. There’s no R in drawing- even if you’re drawing drawers!

4. I’ve got a fat leg- well actually I’ve got 2, but one is fatter than the other. I had a Deep Vein Thrombosis when I was 32, which damaged the valves in the veins of my leg. Consequently the circulation in my left leg isn’t so good & it gets fatter as the day goes on, especially if I’m on my feet a lot!

5. I raced a stock car once. I used to go to watch a couple of mates who raced & on the last meeting of the season there’s a ladies race (unknown to me at the time). Suddenly I was lifted into the car & told I was racing! Loved it… & didn’t do too badly considering I couldn’t reach to depress the clutch without sliding right down in the seat so had to start & race in 3rd gear! Ooo the power of a V8 engine…

6. I doodle incessantly.
All my school books were covered, every bit of paper in reach of the phone, corners of journals, note-books & rough-work (while I ‘think’)….

7. Once I ‘un-shoplifted’
In my teens I took some eyeliner from the chemists with a friend, but felt so guilty I sneaked it back the next day- I’ve got a built in honesty streak & hate lying. Having said that I can keep a straight face be very convincing if it’s just for fun as a wind-up (& I always confess)!

Phew, that took some thinking about… hope it entertained everyone!
Now for who to tag.... hopefully you won't mind if you are & won't complain if you're not! It's actually quite fascinating reading what people put.

In no particular order of favouritism or sadism...

Rose @ Living Creatively
Mel @ Creative Clutter
Sian @ Welsh Witch's Witterings
Rose @ Weaving Amongst the Stars
Jules @ The Old Word Tin
Debbie @ Hippy Hipster Diary
Jean @ A Joyful Spirit

2 comments:

mel said...

Very fun!! A stock car, eh? A need for speed....*grin*

Hmm..now 7 things about me....

Haley @ Iridescent Dark said...

Lol, bless, if only more people un-shoplifted! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...