Pages

Saturday 6 June 2009

Aubergine Canvasses

(40x40cm)

I spotted a lovely throw for our bedroom last week & went inside the shop for a closer look… usually if I don’t have the money I don’t even look. I couldn’t buy it, but whilst chatting & browsing I noticed the vacant picture hooks on the walls & asked if they might be interested in some artwork. It seems they might, & a customer has been asking for ‘something auberginey’.

(30x40cm)

It’s just a small interiors place… nothing flash, but some nice bits n pieces… they are feeling the pinch as customers cut back & spend a bit less. So I’ve painted some canvasses to suit the colours of fabrics in the shop... Just colour, no lettering for now, I'll introduce that gradually!

(20x20cm)

The plan is to sell them on a sale or return basis… I can set the price & they will take a commission. I haven't sold through anyone else before, so it's a bit of an exercise in marketing & invoicing etc...
(they work vertically as well as side by side)

It will be interesting to see how things go... no doubt the requests will come "something like that but bigger/smaller" or "can you do it in pink"! I don't mind, I just love working with colour & splashing paint about, so all requests are welcome.

6 comments:

Haley @ Iridescent Dark said...

Splashing paint is always fun! Good luck on your new venture, hopefully it will generate a nice bit of income!

Rose said...

Loving the pictures, I can imagine people will fall in love with them!

mel said...

Very lovely...I agree...people will definitely love them for the 'something is missing here' bits of their rooms....and especially if they can have a customized option!!

Win-win, I say...

xo

Anonymous said...

Impressive!

Sue Simpson said...

And they're even better in real life! They're gorgeous!

Sue xxx

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Those also are luscious:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...