Pages

Tuesday 16 June 2009

Wishing You Buttercup Mornings....

....and Wildflower Afternoons (ok, so I misquoted buttercups for butterflies, but hey...)

There have been so many extra bright shiny buttercups this year.... huge swathes of them every where... I'd much rather have these than a lawn.... to me they're not invasive, just persistent at spreading their brand of sunshine.... and they don't just like their own company, they have friends every where....
buttercups & white campion...

...and red campion...

...with Oxeye Daisy (Dog Daisy)...

...and red clover...

...purple vetch (bush vetch)...

... speedwell...

...& cow parsley (queen Anne's Lace)...

...vetch again (cos I like it)...

...& with crosswort...

Have a lovely wildflower day wherever you are!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I love buttercups too, and now I know I have Queen annes lace in my yard. Thanks....the more flowers the better. A lot of them froze this season because of snow....so everything is slow here. I am always up for more pics of flowers. love your blog, cinner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...