Pages

Wednesday 30 December 2009

Bleakness, Hope & New Year Blessings



These are not my words... but we were driving around in the snow earlier in the week & the skies were darkening. The landscape looked very bleak & for some reason I thought about this commission I did a few years ago. 







Skies darkened, clouds filled every void.
Darkness fell, guiding light extinguished.
Waves that crashed upon rocks.
Wind that blew.
All had gone.









Darkness. 

Stillness.


Emptiness.










Searching for the light
Heart from body ripped
Light from life imploded
Once whole, torn apart.




I found myself wondering about the person who asked for this... the words are so deeply moving. I know nothing about her or her story; the order came by email & I didn't ask, but I have often wondered... there is something raw & powerful conveyed in these few lines. I hope that time has been a healer for her, that the rawness has eased....









chinese liquid stick ink, silver powder, brause nib, compressed capitals




I've spent a fair bit of time thinking about & letting reiki flow to those going through that first Christmas after bereavement, especially when someone has died close to Christmas itself. Not just for those I know, but asking that those who need it receive the blessing of healing energy.


The bleakness of loss at this time of year is emphasized by the fact that it is supposed to be a time of festivity & everyone else seems to be going on their merry way around you, while all you can feel is a cold hole in your heart, while you go through the motions of acting ‘normally’. 

Of course grief affects everyone differently… the complicated chemical cocktail that makes us human creates different reactions & feelings. And grief isn’t solely caused by death…. separation, abandonment, illness, anything that causes a loss of hopes, dreams, future, trust, way of life… there’s many more, but sometimes we feel that ‘bleakness’ & don’t associate it with grief because no one close has died.

I read words like these & they really move me… so, as we move to the New Year I’m sending out my love & healing thoughts to those who are feeling the chill of loss… may you find comfort & the strength to re-build...

May the new decade that we enter be one of hope… may it burn inside us all, encouraging the sparks of light within us, to be a beacon of hope... a shining light that extends beyond ourselves to those around us…. our families & communities…. our countries… to the whole world & beyond….



New Year Blessings to you all xx





'Hope' Rubber Stamp available from http://craftyindividuals.co.uk/






Like a gleaming tapers light, hope shines, no matter how you look at it.


Great hopes make great people.


Nourish your hopes, cherish your dreams.


If you have never hoped you have never breathed.


Do not fear to hope.


Hold on to all hopes & follow your dreams- never let go.


Believe.


Never let go of hope.


Hope always shines.

3 comments:

Sue Simpson said...

Speechless....for once....And I never forget you were there for me during my own 'Dark December'. Love you my surrogate sis xxx

Jasmine said...

Such a generous post. Those in need of extra love will be warmed by your care. Have a wonderful 2010 x

ZenDotStudio said...

What wonderful treatment & expression you gave to this person's words in your commissioned piece. It is truly beautiful, in a dark and haunting way. Yes you have a sense of their deep loss through their words.

Happy new year to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...